Friday, March 11, 2011

For Bella

Dove Campaign For Real Beauty...

I dont know if any of you have seen Dove's films they use to advertise and support their Campaign for Real Beauty and the Dove Self-Esteem Fund, but if you haven't seen this you should.






When I first saw this film I was shaken by how powerful it is.

As women we are told a thousand times a week how much we should weigh, how we should age (or how we shouldn't), how we should dress, and on and on. Every detail of our appearance is magnified and  picked apart.

By striving for these unrealistic and often times unreachable expectations what are we teaching the women and girls around us. My daughter is already being told by a multi million dollar industry that creates and then pries on our insecurities that she needs to keep up, stay ahead, look better, think thinner...AND SHE IS FOUR!

As women lets build each other up. Let's compliment the women in our lives everyday. We are beautiful. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Start saying it and keep saying it until we all can believe it. It won't happen in a day. We are fighting a huge battle against a limitless opposition. I am more than my outside. I will spend my energy striving for beauty that lasts, a beautiful friendship, a beautiful faith, a beautiful love...and in doing so I will lift up and inspire women and girls around me to do the same. 

Remember to support companies and brands who are in support of real women and real beauty.   

This post is dedicated to my Bella, who is beautiful inside and out and who will hear it from me and her daddy everyday.

A.S.A.P.
(As Southern As Possible)
Amanda





1 comment:

  1. as a woman- i love The Campaign for Real Beauty!! i know some men does "appreciate" the commercials but I think they are on the right track

    ReplyDelete