Monday, August 29, 2011

A Lovely Little Idea (i feel inspired)

Baking It To The Streets...


So, this fellow blogger (her blog is a punk, a pumpkin, and a peanut.) that I think is so funny and pretty down right amazing...has this really cool idea she has been working on.
She calls it "Baking it to the streets".
Short Street Cakes. (An awsome A-ville find)

Basically it's this...Bake some stuff (If you have the time which I really hope I do but...no promises), Buy a box of "homemade" (completely and obviously store bought) cookies, Bring dinner to a single mom or elderly neighbor, heck...just pay for the person behind you at the drive thru.
Because sharing love with food is a tasty way to share love, and what the world needs now is...well you know the rest.
So...I really think this is an amazing idea. I simply love random acts of kindness. (Which are seldom ever random because the person doing the act most often has to plan and prepare.)
(Wow there are a lot of  parentheses in this post.)
I am going to do it.
I don't know exactly what acts I will do yet but every other week, starting in September, I am going to show a little food love to those people around me.
I am also going to print off and include one of these cards because I think everyone could use a little reminding.

I will keep you updated...and feel free to join in on the food revolution.
Baking it to the streets A.S.A.P.
(As Southern As Possible)
Mae






1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am glad you're back on the blogging scene and I am so so excited you're doing this! :)

    ReplyDelete