Monday, September 12, 2011

Hey, Where Did My Finger Go?


Today I cut off my finger...

Well not entirely, I have a bit of a flare for the dramatics.
(which is a rather well known fact about me.)

It was, however, a pretty severe injury. 

Allow me to paint the picture...I was running through the house trying to find a sharpie marker because all of Beckett's snacks must be clearly marked with his name or he can not eat them. (It is a lesser know fact that preschools are very competitive and any stray from the rules may result in immediate dismissal) 

I reached into a basket of odds and ends hoping to find one there and instead was savagely attacked by an exacto blade.

I ran to the kitchen quite literally unable to find a breath to cry, scream, or explained what had happened.
(This is unfortunately not an over exaggeration)

So...after a lot of "put pressure on it", "let me see it", "That's pretty gross" I trucked off to the ER.


Long story short that sharpie cost me a RIDICULOUSLY painful shot of litacaine and throbbing cauterized finger.

painfully typing to you A.S.A.P.
(As Southern As Possible)
Mae


Post Script: I was not able to find the finger pad for them to try and reattach. Worse, that means there is an unattached finger tip somewhere in my house. (gag) 

No comments:

Post a Comment