Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Sorry I'm not home right now, I'm walking in the Spiderwebs."


Punk is wicked (again)...

I was feeling a bit tired this A.M. and got up just in time to kiss my two oldest kids and send them off to the bus stop. 

As my son Holden was headed out the door I was struck by how very familiar his "look" seemed to me. 

You see, I was born in 1982 and I'm (just) old enough to
remember with fondness the punk/alternative scene of my youth.

I know very well that "peaches come from a can" and can recall with great accuracy Gwen's answering machine message.

In fact Nirvana's "Nevermind" was one of my very first CD's ever. (Naked baby and all.)

As I looked at my son I thought "Am I really so old that this look has come back in style." 

I mean we all know "Lightning Crashes" but has it really struck twice already?

(For those of you missing all these priceless little music references...sorry you weren't cool like me.)


Skateboarding T'shirt: Check
Unruly and rebellious attitude: Check


Black Converse kicks and neon paint splattered backpack:
Check and check.


Rockin' Mohawk:
CHECK.

There seems to be "No Doubt", These are once again "...the kids in America."


Lovin' my little mohawk man A.S.A.P.
(As Southern As Possible) 
Mae


Post Script: While visiting a friend in LA a few years back, I was in an outdoor market and literally almost walked into Courtney Love
(I may or may not have actually said out loud "your Courtney Love")


No comments:

Post a Comment