Monday, February 28, 2011

Meet the Ya-Ya's

In The Name of Mumbo Gumbo...
I recently read an article in “Mom Sense” magazine entitled The Home Team. The author, Shauna Niequist, spoke about the importance of knowing who your home team is. 
Your home team, she explains, “...are the people you visit in the hospital no matter what. These are the people whose wedding you attend, no matter how far the destination is or what terrible thing they’ve chosen for you to wear. These are the ones who tell you their secrets, who get themselves a glass of water without asking when they are at your house. These are the people who cry when you cry. These are your people, your middle of the night, no-matter-what people.”
I have these people. I call them my YA-YA’s.


The people with whom I do life. The people with whom, when I am around them, have a way of seeing me for who I am...and who I hope to be. They build me up, improve my character, challenge me to keep moving forward, but are never afraid to tell me (Quite bluntly in fact!) when I have stepped off course.
So when I decided to do something a little crazy and ALOT scary like start a new business and a super nifty blog, I called on my “home team” for a little extra support.
It just so happens that I have one of the most uniquely qualified and down right charming home teams out there, so they will be popping in @ August Magnolia to offer their sound advice and dapper opinions on a variety of subjects, all in the name of pretty weddings and purposeful lives. 


Make sure to check in regularly for more from August Magnolia and all the MIGHTY YA-YA's!!
Liza Morgan: World Traveler and Guest Blogger for “Fancy in Like”
Katlyn Garcia: Newlywed and Guest Blogger for “Queen of Green”
Jenni Sheets: Talented Designer and Guest Blogger for “Post Script”
Theresa Williams: Professional Hairstylist and Guest Blogger for “Liberty St.”
Christine Ferguson: Sociable Bar Manager and Guest Blogger for “Joie de Vivre


Keeping my Friendships A.S.A.P
(As Southern As Possible)
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment