Monday, March 21, 2011

"I Have a Crush"

Like a deer in headlights...

A few times a month I volunteer to read to Holden's Kindergarden class.

I am always enlightened and impressed by the kids and I actually quite enjoy my reading time.

Today as the kids filed in from playground each one offered a smile or a "hi" and one little boy who is always quite complimentary told me he liked my earrings.
"Thank You." I replied.

Then it happened. One little boy sitting right up front said "I have a crush on you."

I sat there like a deer in headlights, unable to think for a moment.

What exactly do I do here?

Do I go the mommy route and explain that that is a silly thing to be talking about at FIVE!

Do I deflect with humor and suggest he take it up with my hubby?

(For one brief moment I considered telling him he could follow me on my blog...but I quickly realized that I had completely lost my bloggin mind and resolved to find out if Malibu has a bloggy treatment center I could check my self into as soon as I returned home.)

By now ten, maybe fifteen seconds had passed with only a few giggles to break the deafening silence, I had to decide, so I did the only thing left to do...

I plastered a HUGE smile on my face and pretended not to hear the confession all together.

When in doubt, Smile it out...
A.S.A.P.
(As Southern As Possible)
~Mae

Books I am currently enjoying reading to little ones:

Cover Image
The Pigeon Wants a Puppy!
Cover Image
Freckleface Strawberry
Cover Image
SkippyJon Jones
Helping Education A.S.A.P.
(As Southern As Possible)
Mae

SN: I have decided to change my sign off to Mae because that's my nickname and what all my friends call me anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment