Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fly By the Seat of My Pants Dinner Party.

What's for dinner?...

One of my very favorite mommy friends found out today (right in the middle of Bible study) that her hubby had gotten a new job.



This is DEFINITELY reason to celebrate because his current boss is...well...less than desirable. 

So immediately I invited their family over for a small celebratory dinner this evening at our house. 
(Luckily I spent most of yesterday cleaning up around here so that was taken care of)
Next it was time to decide what to serve the eleven people who make up our two families.
Hmmm...

I decided (with help from her Hubby, it is his party after all) on fried chicken as the main course.

There is a restaurant not far from me that makes the best fried chicken I have eaten, so I decided to let them do the frying.

My friend offered to bring some homemade mac-n-cheese, which I have had and is quite scrumptious, so I had to politely accept of course.




Well that makes things easy.

I decided I'll whip up a yummy salad with fresh fruit and goat cheese. 

{My kids eat anything I swear.} 

I have the BEST cornbread recipe so I never hesitate to use that. 




And I already whipped up some homemade chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Simple and yummy.

I love last minute plans with good friends to celebrate God's answer to BIG prayers.

Keeping dinner simple and A.S.A.P.
(As Southern As Possible)

Mae

{1, 2, 3, 4, 5}

(these photos arent my own, I was busy cooking)

No comments:

Post a Comment